Sightseeing and activities near Marangu
Kimori House in Marangu, Tanzania, provides an excellent base for a wide range of sightseeing and other activities, both locally and further afield.
In Mshiri Village:
- Experience African village life and meet local people
- Explore the local flora and fauna
- Visit the lively market
- Explore the restaurants and bars
- Visit local blacksmiths and see their craft
- Visit underground caves used long ago in time of tribal warfare
- Visit the site of the first coffee tree planted in Kilimanjaro
In Kilimanjaro National Park:
- Watch wildlife
- Walk in the foothills and/or climb the mountain.
- Visit the nearby town of Moshi with its many souvenir shops and cafes
- Pangani, Bagamoyo, Zanzibar and the Indian Ocean